Sunday 24 June 2007

So, I went out with Ana to do some surveillance and some logging of walkie-talkie effective range. Then I noticed the word 'snagging' in my notebook. What's that all about? So, I made some notes about the 2-way mirrors and odd radio antenna in the Pavillions shopping centre, before we went to a coffee shop to discuss how we were going to progress with our research.

We sat there for a bit talking, but then I decided to record how many 'coercive acts' I could see out of the window. 14:07 to 14:14 I recorded 5 such acts, but then noticed an unattended bag on the corner of New Street and The High Street. I immediately called the Police to notify them of this 'suspect package'.



We sat watching to see if they came.

At 14:17 a man in his late twenties wearing a grey jacket and a white baseball cap (Both generic looking, no obvious branding) walked briskly up to the bag, moved it enough to check its contents, then walked off briskly. After sitting there watching for a further ten minutes, we decided that this had been an undercover police officer checking it was not a threat.



We then went off towards Snow Hill Station to check the range of the walky-talkies. (see data wall image)



At the end of the day, I recorded a comparison between numbers of people passing the observation post (Research Tower) wearing monochrome dress: 136, and clothing featuring colour: 174. This was between 17:35 and 18:05 hrs.



 •  Birmingham  • 



Red Line Surveillance newsfeed powered by Blogger.